In this article, know what it takes to convert an HTML template into a react web application that functions as a modern single page application. I will cover a brief introduction of our process, time, and cost involved when you want to convert your HTML into React web application.
Before we start with reactjs web application design and development
It is most common practice of custom software development to create some sort of UI prototype, wire-frame or graphic design at the beginning of the project to create good vision and share it across the team. In this article we are assuming you have either PSD or any other popular image format or html web template. Here I will demonstrate you what it takes to convert an HTML web template to fully working Reactjs modern single page web application development.
What is your Modern single page application development stack for reactjs web application design and development?
Modern single page applications are fast, responsive to the user interaction, easy to use and uses cutting edge technologies to optimize end user experience. There are many was you can create modern single page web application development, but we are going to use following stack:
- Redux is a state management library and mostly used with Reactjs due to many benefits like predictable and centralized application state management, single object tree for state, out of the box hot reloading and easy debugging etc.
- Bootstrap is used to easily create cross device responsive html pages. We can also use material-ui for the same purpose.
- Font Awesome is used for beautiful css based icons.
What approach will you take for reactjs web application design?
Being an expert Reactjs development team, we approach the conversion to reduce future work as much as possible. This takes a little more effort during conversion, but the resulting output reactjs web application will be easy to make dynamic.
Here are key aspects of our approach:
- Setting up project using most common create-react-app to avoid manual boilerplate web app setup. Remove any/all npm references that are not required from the project.
- Review all the pages to be converted and identify shared/common components that are required on more than one pages.
- Setup redux and use services to provide hard coded data from the services instead of manually copy-paste html content from the source html.
- Respect reactjs development best practices and use ESLint, TSLint and formatting plugins to keep code tidy.
- Minimal comments where required (which can be tweaked to detailed comments upon request)
- Test in latest Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers to ensure best desktop results.
- Test in Google Chrome emulator for phone and tablet size rendering and ensure best tablet and mobile results.
What process do you follow for reactjs web application design?
- Project Setup - create-react-app from Facebook, add and configure libraries, run the application, and see the default page.
- Shared Setup – Create shared components like header, footer and any other components identified during design review.
- Create page – Create components required for a specific page.
- Connect page component events, services and reducers.
- Test the page – Test the resulting page in required browsers and device profiles.
- Repeat 3-4 till end – Take up next page and keep working on conversion till end.
Here is sample of Reactjs web application design and development
The Conference reactjs web application is developed considering the practical usage. It is ready to use web application missing the Express.js back-end REST api that you can easily connect using Axios.js library in the front end.
How much time does it take to convert html to a working reactjs web application?
Time needed for reactjs web application design really depends on number of pages, content elements on the page, size of the content on the page and many other aspects. But following is the average estimated time taken by our developer during our previous reactjs web application design projects.
|1||Project setup with supported library setup||2-4 Hours|
|2||Shared Component Setup||8-10 Hours|
|3||Page development||4-8 Hours|
|4||Basic Page testing on various browsers as needed||20-30 mins. per browser|
How much does it cost to convert html to a working reactjs web application?
We can provide estimate of the hours after reviewing your graphic design or html. Our basic prices start from $18/hour USD. Basic project setup and conversion of single page may take between 16-24 hours for the first page. It will take anything between 4-16 hours or more for from second page onwards depending upon the page. This is just a standard case estimate and pricing. To receive customized quote, send us your graphic design or html link/zip via contact us page.
It is really exciting to see some html template converted into a fully working reactjs web application.